Omega Educational Foundation Scholarship Award
On Behalf of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
Tau Tau Chapter
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2016
- Application Processing: October 3, 2016
- Award Notification: October 10, 2016
- Enrollment Verification: Fall 2017 – 2018
- Award Disbursement: Fall 2017 – 2018
Essay Theme: “My Image.” Describe the importance of maintaining a positive “Image” and how it relates to navigating the rigors of college.
Download scholarship application here.
In 2013, the Omega Educational Foundation Scholarship Award was established by the Omega Educational Foundation to recognize high achieving students that displayed leadership qualities and scholastic excellence. The scholarship was designed to assist African-American Males in the Greater Los Angeles Area that are High School Seniors who plan on furthering their education during the 2017-2018 academic year.
Scholarships: $1,000 each. Open to the general public in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
- African-American Males.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, legal permanent resident or eligible non-U.S. Citizen.
- All majors are eligible.
- Must have a permanent address and attended a high school in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3. 00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Must be enrolled as a High School Senior in the fall of 2016-2017 academic year.
- Must have two letters of recommendation from teacher, guidance counselors, or principal.
- Must submit a one page essay not to exceed 500 words. Essay Theme: “My Image.” In your essay describe how this theme relates to navigating the rigors of college, in a positive manner.
- Must provide the student’s transcripts from freshman to junior year in high school.
- Must plan to enroll full-time during the 2017-2018 academic year in a degree-seeking program at an accredited four-year college, university, or technical institution as a freshman; in the United States.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older as of October 29, 2016.
- Must provide Proof of Enrollment from the Registrar’s office of the scholarship recipient’s prospective college, university, or technical institution.
Contact: Cornel P. Sandoz (310) 702-1987 or email@example.com if you have any questions. Please Mail the Completed Application, Coupled with All Requested Information, To: Omega Educational Foundation Scholarship Award, P.O. Box 91302, Los Angeles, California 90009.